[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Chris Rock are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Chris Rock on screen:
Birthday: February 7, 1965
Place: Andrews, South Carolina, USA
Height: 5' 1"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Chris Rock. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| Though he was born in South Carolina, Chris Rock grew up in Brooklyn, New York. Rock discovered comedy early in life, and was performing in the New York standup comedy circuit by his late teens. It wasn't until a performance at the New York Comedy Strip that Rock's dream became tangible. That night, a then 18-year-old, Rock was introduced to veteran comedian Eddie Murphy, who was impressed enough to cast him in 1987's Beverly Hills Cop II. While it was no breakout performance, the role and newfound connection with Eddie Murphy helped Rock land a couple of small supporting roles, and eventually a spot on NBC's long-running Saturday Night Live. Rock stayed with SNL for the better part of three years, and periodically guest-starred in fellow comedian Keenan Ivory Wayans' In Living Color. In 1991, he took a break from comedy in favor of a more dramatic role — indeed, Rock's performance as a surprisingly innocent crack addict-cum-informant in Mario Van Peebles' New Jack City attracted no small amount of favorable attention. Perhaps the role in New Jack City is indicative of Rock's driving force (i.e., the politics of modern society and issues within African-American communities throughout the United States). Though his delivery is certainly of a comedic nature, many of his favorite topics are quite serious, and it was Rock's ability to confront these issues so accurately that launched his career during the late '90s. While his 1993 screenwriting debut received only lukewarm reviews, Rock became a household name after his scathing HBO comedy special Bring the Pain (1996), earning him two Emmy awards and a significantly larger fan base. The same year, he received a third Emmy for his work as a writer and correspondent for Comedy Central's Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher. Before long, Rock received a fourth Emmy as well as the NAACP Image Award for his work on HBO's The Chris Rock Show, which aired throughout 1998 and 1999. Rock's film career would continue to grow throughout the late '90s, and the young comic won particular notice for his role as a hot-headed law enforcement agent in 1998's Lethal Weapon 4 opposite Danny Glover and Mel Gibson, and later for Kevin Smith's Dogma(1999), in which he played a rather bitter apostle of Jesus. He also published a book titled Rock This! with much success. Though Dogma received mixed reviews, 1999 was no lukewarm year for Rock — HBO came through once again, and Chris hit it big with Bigger & Blacker, his second televised comedy special, which took on topics ranging from gun-control to Bill Clinton and proper parenting techniques. In 2000, he played a fantasy hitman alongside Ren
- Discovered by Eddie Murphy
- Has written a book, "Rock This", and released two comedy albums
- Daughter, Lola Simone, born 28 June 2002 in New York City.
- Brother of Tony Rock
- 12 March 2003: Received star on Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Was voted the funniest person in America by Entertainment Weekly.
- His wife, Malaak Compton-Rock, was featured in "Redbook Magazine" as one of the winners of the 2002 Mothers & Shakers Awards. Malaak is the founder and executive director of StyleWorks, a non-profit, full-service salon that provides free services for women leaving welfare and entering the work force.
- Chosen as #5 in Comedy Central's 100 Greatest Stand-Ups of All Time (April 2004).
- Second daughter, Zahra Savannah born 22 May 2004.
- Enjoys a wide range of music such as Jay-Z, Red Hot Chili Peppers, DMX, Boy George, Elvis Costello, Eminem and Smashing Pumpkins.
- Shares a birthday with Ashton Kutcher.
- In 1993 Paramount offered him the role of Lamont Sanford in a purposed film update of Sanford and Son. He called the idea "insane" and because of his affection for the late Redd Foxx lobbied to have the production halted. It was.
- Hosted the 77th Annual Academy Awards on February 27th, 2005 and despite concerns over the content of his monologue he mostly kept it clean.
- Has the rare distinction of being in two movies that opened on the same day in the U.S. - The Longest Yard (2005) and Madagascar (2005) (May 27, 2005). Both of them stayed at the two top spots at the box office the following weeks, knocking down the last installment of Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith. And both becoming a member of the 100 million dollar club.
- Points to Eddie Murphy as his role model and inspiration for taking up comedy and acting.
- Is a fan of the TV series "Seinfield" and has been known to make references to the show in many of his stand up routines.
- Is good friends with Jerry Seinfield.
Naked Photos of Chris Rock are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.