[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of David Soul are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with David Soul on screen:
Birthday: August 28, 1943
Place: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Height: 6' 1"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
David Soul. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| David Soul is the son of a Chicago minister, who served as an adviser for the U.S. State Department. The whole world was Soul's backyard as his father was transferred from post to post during the 1950s and early 1960s. Never quite shaking his inbred wanderlust, Soul attended Augustana College in South Dakota, the University of the Americas in New Mexico, and the University of Minnesota at Minneapolis. Impulsively deciding to become a stage performer, he studied with Uta Hagen in New York before embarking upon a singing career. From 1966 to 1967, Soul showed up as the hooded "mystery singer" on the syndicated television talkfest The Merv Griffin Show. Discarding his disguise, he was cast as Joshua Bolt on the 1968 TV adventure series Here Come the Brides, co-starring with another promising vocalist, Bobby Sherman. While Sherman became an instant teen idol, Soul would not truly hit it big until 1976, when he was teamed with Paul Michael Glaser on the video cop series Starsky and Hutch. Following this series' cancellation in 1979, Soul attempted to revitalize his recording career, with intermittent success. He then went on to star in the TV weeklies Casablanca (1983, in the Bogart role!), The Yellow Rose (1983-84) and Unsub (1989). The last time we saw him was in the 1994 TV-movie adventure Pentathalon. Married four times, David Soul has been wed to actresses Karen Carlson, Lynn Marta, and Julia Nickson.
- Used to appear on "The Merv Griffin Show" (1962) wearing a hood and was billed as "The Covered Man" before becoming nationally known on "Starsky and Hutch" (1975).
- Children: with Miriam - one son, with Karen Carlson - one son, with Patty Sherman - three sons and with Julia Nickson-Soul - one daughter.
- His brother, the Rev. Solberg, was an activist minister (Lutheran). He has joined him on more than one occasion in public protest or rally. Also, he and Paul Michael Glaser have attended Christian/Jewish benefits together at least once.
- Davids father, Dr. Richard Solberg, served as a Religious Affairs Advisor to the U.S. High Commission in Berlin and as Senior Representative for the Lutheran World Federation (LWF), refugee relief agency actively involved in the post WW-II reconstruction in Germany. Dr. Solberg's job was to administrate relief to the tens of thousands of refugees who were fleeing that regime and then try to put the fragmented families back together again in the West. These early experiences proved to be indelible ones for David as hundreds of these people streamed through the Solberg home.
- Between 1977 and 1982, David recorded four albums including a string of major hits: Don't Give Up On Us, Baby, Silver Lady, Going In With My Eyes Open. He toured extensively and successfully with his band in the USA., Britain, Japan and South America.
- Between 1984 and 1986, David financed, produced and directed an award winning documentary, The Fighting Ministers, uses the shut-down of the steel industry in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania as it's canvas.
- In 1994, David has refocused his acting and producing efforts specifically to the burgeoning international film and television markets. He starred in two films for Canadian and French television, and starred (in French) with Anne Giraudau and Line Renaud in the television mini-series, "Filles du Lido, Les" (1995) (mini) for France's TF-1.
- He played the role of Narrator in the New Zealand-born/Australian production of Willy Russell's Blood Brothers (a production which moved on to Melbourne and Sydney). The play marks David's return to the stage after a fifteen years absence and his first, even experience in a musical.
- He is an avid skier and tennis player and loves to go "exploring" with his children.
- In Cannes in 1996, David performed songs from his friend Charles Aznavour in the Martinez Hotel.
- He has 6 children - 5 sons and a daughter, China.
- Fluent in both German and Spanish.
- During the run of "Starsky and Hutch" (1975), he recorded a #1 single called "Don't Give Up On Us Baby".
- Became a United Kingdom citizen in September 2004.
- Romantically involved with actress/singer/composer Lynne Marta throughout the run of "Starsky and Hutch" (1975) but they split up after the show ended.
- At the Edinburgh Festival in 2000, he directed and starred in Sam Shepard's "Fool For Love". His production incorporated pre-shot and live on-stage video, visual effects, graphics, 3-D imaging, time-lapse footage and digital sound to heighten the visceral experience of the presentation. It was one of the first real examples of how streaming media can be effectively applied to the live theatre.
Naked Photos of David Soul are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.