[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of James Caviezel are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with James Caviezel on screen:
Birthday: September 26, 1968
Place: Mount Vernon, Washington, USA
Height: 6' 2"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
James Caviezel. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
James Patrick Caviezel was born on September 26, 1968 in Mount Vernon, Washington. He was one of five children born to Jim and Maggie Caviezal. The Caviezels were an close knit Catholic family.As a youngster, Jim was described as being "very intense". His two main interests growing up were sports and religion. He was athletically gifted on the basketball court and dreamed of someday playing in the NBA. He also learned the importance of Christianity at a very young age, attending Church regularly with his family.In 1984, he went to Mount Vernon High School but transferred to O'Dea High School after two years. The following spring, he transferred again to Burien Kennedy High School in Seattle where he starred on the basketball team until graduating in 1987. While at O'Dea and Kennedy, he stayed with family friends.Following high school, Jim enrolled at Bellevue Community College where he played on the basketball team. A foot injury in his sophomore season put an end to Jim's basketball career and his dreams of playing in the NBA. Shortly after his, he turned his focus toward acting.In 1990, he auditioned for a part in the independent film My Own Private Idaho (1991). He won a very small role as a foreign airline clerk after he told casting agents that was a recent Italian immigrant.The following year, Jim moved to Los Angeles where he worked as a waiter between auditions. He landed small roles in Diggstown (1992) and Wyatt Earp (1994) and guest starring roles on "The Wonder Years" (1988) and "Murder, She Wrote" (1984).He continued to go relatively unnoticed in small roles and even thought about quitting acting until 1998 when he received critical recognition for his role as idealist Private Witt in The Thin Red Line (1998). The following year, he gained further recognition with roles in Ride with the Devil (1999/I) and Frequency (2000). In 2001, his role as Jennifer Lopez's love interest in Angel Eyes (2001) helped to establish him as a versatile actor and leading man.It was until 2002 when Jim began to make his strong religious beliefs known. While filming High Crimes (2002), he refused to do any love scenes with on-screen wife Ashley Judd because it conflicted with his strong Catholic faith. It was also around this time where he was chosen by Mel Gibson to star as Jesus Christ in the upcoming, controversial film The Passion of the Christ (2004). The film went on to become one of the high grossing movies of all-time and made Jim a household name.Off screen, Jim lives with his wife, Kerri, a school teacher whom he met on a blind date in 1993 and married in 1997.
- Grew up in a tight-knit Catholic family.
- Dad is Jim, Mom is Maggie
- 3 sisters-Ann, Amy, Erin 1 brother-Tim
- His surname is Romansch (Rhaeto-Romanic), from Switzerland.
- Met his wife, Kerri, on a blind date in 1993. She is a high school English teacher.
- Played basketball in college, but took up acting after injuring his foot.
- Drove the pace car in the Indy 500 Race in May of 2002
- Refused to film a love scene with on-screen wife Ashley Judd for their film, High Crimes (2002). The idea of possible nudity conflicted with Jim's personal beliefs, based on his strong Catholic faith.
- Dislocated his shoulder during the filming of The Passion of the Christ (2004).
- Received an honorary degree from King's College in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, USA at their commencement on 18 May 2003. Gave a fire-and-brimstone speech based on his interpretation of Catholicism.
- Was struck by lightning during the filming of Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ (2004). Assistant director Jan Michelini was also hit (for the second time during the shoot). A crew member said "I'm about a hundred feet away from them when I glance over and see smoke coming out of Caviezel's ears."
- His co-star Elizabeth Mitchell who played his mother in Frequency (2000) said about him, "Jim is the perfect son, if I had a son like him I would be a very proud mother."
- Was hand-picked by _Jennifer Lopez (I)_ to play the role of Catch in Angel Eyes (2001).
- Shortly after accepting the role of Jesus Christ in the Mel Gibson film, The Passion of the Christ (2004), he realized his initials were the same as that of Jesus (J.C.) and that he was the same age most historians and religious scholars claim Jesus was when he was killed (33).
- Shares a birthday with actor Kent McCord and actress Julie London.
- Surname pronounced ka-VEE-zel.
- Nearly gave up acting after struggling for so long, before he got a phone call from director Terrence Malick who directed him in The Thin Red Line (1998).
- Was a waiter.
- Did some modeling for The Gap.
- Writes left-handed, but seems to be ambidextrous (uses both hands).
- Favorite food: Mexican (or a good steak).
- Once said on a "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992) when asked by fans if he was Jesus Christ, he responds by saying no, but tells them he is the Count of Monte Cristo.
- Was initially cast as Cyclops in X-Men (2000), but turned it down to appear in Frequency (2000).
- He attended the University of Washington and USC
- Was seriously considered for the lead role in Superman Returns (2006). The part went to Brandon Routh.
- He is a member of the Sigma Chi Fraternity.
- Spokesman for "Redeem the Vote," the conservative and Christian counterpart of "Rock the Vote."
- Adopted a 3-year-old Chinese boy named Bo.
- Expressed great interest in the role of Superman/Clark Kent in Superman Returns (2006) but director Bryan Singer refused to cast him, insisting that Caviezel was "too famous" after The Passion of the Christ (2004).
- After the success of "The Passion of the Christ" (2004) he was asked to be a spokesman for the Heavenly clothing line but he refused because he felt it would be an insult to people who felt that the film had something meaningful to offer.
- Chosen as People Magazine's one of the Sexiest Man Alive  and was stated as "The Sexiest Savior".
- Jim's brother-in-law, Scott Linehan, is the head coach of the NFL's St. Louis Rams; Jim's wife (Kerri) and Scott's wife (Kristen) are sisters.
- During a special assembly, he spoke to the Jesuit High School of New Orleans student body and faculty on March 20, 2006 while he was in town filming Deja Vu.
Naked Photos of James Caviezel are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.