[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Jamie Foxx are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Jamie Foxx on screen:
Birthday: December 13, 1967
Place: Terrell, Texas, USA
Height: 5' 1"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Jamie Foxx. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| One of the most popular African American comedians of the late 1990s, TV star turned screen actor Jamie Foxx first became known for his many roles on Keenen Ivory Wayans' long-running comedy variety show In Living Color. Since then, Foxx has played both raucous and sensitive nice-guy roles in a number of films, and earned particular acclaim for his portrayal of a talented but egotistical quarterback in Oliver Stone's Any Given Sunday.Born Eric Bishop in the small town of Terrell, Texas, on December 13, 1967, Foxx was raised by his grandparents after his parents separated. He enjoyed a happy upbringing, going to church every day with his grandparents and excelling at everything from academics to music to football. During his teen years he had his first taste of the entertainment business as his church's choir director and music director, and also started his own R&B band. Foxx studied music while a student at the U.S. International University in San Diego; it was during his college days that he got his start as a stand-up comedian. Attending a comedy club one night with some friends, he was encouraged to take the stage and perform some impersonations, which proved incredibly popular with the audience. Foxx's enthusiastic reception led to his decision to move to L.A. and pursue a comedy career. At the age of 22 he was hired for In Living Color, and he subsequently landed a recurring role on Charles Dutton's sitcom Roc.Foxx was ultimately given his own show in 1996; that same year, he appeared in a supporting role in The Truth About Cats and Dogs, which cast him as a friend of Ben Chaplin. He was also featured in the boxing satire The Great White Hype, and the following year he got star billing opposite fellow comedian Tommy Davidson in the poorly received comedy Booty Call. After playing a DJ in Ice Cube's The Players Club (1998), Foxx earned some of his best reviews to date for his role in Any Given Sunday (1999). He subsequently returned to straight comedy, starring in Antoine Fuqua's crime comedy Bait as an ex-con trying to mend his ways, and as a man caught in a convenience stored robbery in Held Up.In 2001, Foxx was given an opportunity to again flex the dramatic chops he displayed in Any Given Sunday with a role as Drew 'Bundini' Brown in Michael Mann's biopic Ali. Then, after a role in the barely seen 2003 Sylvester Stallone drama Shade, Foxx embarked on his busiest year yet. 2004 saw him star in no fewer than four films, the most noteworthy of them being the thriller Collateral. The tense summer flick not only saw Foxx again under the direction of Mann, but cast on an equal level with Hollywood uber-star Tom Cruise. His turn as a hapless cab driver who is forced into a menacing partnership slowly advancing Foxx's dramatic screen presence, the role served as proof to many that his talents extended well beyond what many may have suspected. When it was announced shortly thereafter that Foxx would be donning the trademark sunglasses to essay the role of legendary blues pianist Ray Charles in Director Taylor Hackford's eagerly anticipated biopic Ray, it was only a matter of time before audiences found out how deep Foxx's talents as an actor truly ran. So effective was Foxx in recreating Charles' unique style and unmistakable visage that many critics speculated an Oscar nomination may be in calling for the one-time funnyman turned dramatic powerhouse. When the star-studded evening in February did finally arrive and the envelope that would reveal the best actor of 2005 was breathlessly opened, Foxx did indeed take the prize - raising already stratospheric expectations regarding his future career to a fever pitch. Foxx subverted expectations by capitalizing on his Oscar win with an R&B album that garnered respectable reviews and solid sales. He returned to films in the silly action film Stealth, and appeared as a leader of men in am Mendes' Gulf War film Jarhead. In 2006 he reteamed with Michael Mann starring as Tubbs in the big-screen adaptation of Miami Vice, and starred in the adaptation of the musical Dreamgirls opposite Eddie Murphy.
- First man of the millennium to host "Saturday Night Live" (1975). [January 8, 2000]
- Was a football quarterback in high school
- He started as a stand up comedian.
- Auditioned for the Cuba Gooding Jr. role in Jerry Maguire (1996).
- Had the role of Slim in The Wood (1999), but had to drop out when he got the role of Willie Beamen in Any Given Sunday (1999).
- February 2004 - Pled guilty to one misdemeanor count of disturbing the peace in a plea deal involving previous charges of battery against a New Orleans policeman in a casino last April. He received two years probation and a 00 fine.
- Attended Juilliard where he studied classical piano
- His piano lessons started at the age of three at his grandmother's insistence.
- His top five favorite songs are "Do Me, Baby" by Prince, "Sexual Healing" by Marvin Gaye, "Always and Forever" by Heatwave, "It's All About the Benjamins" by Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs and "Lady" by Lionel Richie.
- Attended United States International University (currently known as Alliant International University) from 1986 to 1988.
- As a second grader, he was so talented in telling jokes that his teacher used him as a reward. If the class behaved, Foxx would tell them jokes.
- In Ray (2004/I), he wore prosthetic eyelids which made him virtually blind.
- Went to the United States International University in San Diego after graduation on a music scholarship.
- Is the first person to have been nominated for three acting awards at the Golden Globes in the same year.
- He said that Richard Pryor is his idol in comedy, Denzel Washington is his idol in acting, and that Steve Hardin is his idol in music.
- His three Golden Globe nominations were announced on his 37th birthday.
- Started out as a stand up comedian, often doing imitations of former president Ronald Reagan.
- On January 25th, 2005, he became one of the elite ten thespians to have been nominated for both a Supporting and Lead Acting Academy Award in the same year for their achievements in two different movies. The other nine are Fay Bainter, Teresa Wright, Barry Fitzgerald (he has been nominated in both categories for the same role in the same movie), Jessica Lange, Sigourney Weaver, Al Pacino, Emma Thompson, Holly Hunter and Julianne Moore.
- Is only the second male in history to receive two acting Oscar nominations in the same year for two different movies. The first male to do so was Al Pacino.
- First African American to be nominated for two Oscars in the same year.
- At the 2005 Grammy Awards, he performed "Georgia on my Mind" with Alicia Keys as a tribute to Ray Charles, whom he portrayed in Ray (2004/I) the previous year and became good friends with him before he passed away.
- As of January 25th, 2005, he became the sixth actor nominated for playing a pianist. The first to be nominated (and win) was F. Murray Abraham, who beat out co-star Tom Hulce for the Best Actor Oscar in _Amadeus (1984)_ . The second to be nominated was Holly Hunter who won the Best Actress Oscar for her performance as a mute pianist in _Piano, The (1993)_ . Geoffrey Rush won the Best Actor Oscar for his work in Shine (1996). And in 2002, Adrien Brody won the Best Actor Oscar for his performance in The Pianist (2002). And now, Jamie Foxx is nominated for his performance as the legendary musician Ray Charles in the hit biopic Ray (2004/I).
- His Oscar win for Ray (2004/I) along with Morgan Freeman's win for Million Dollar Baby (2004), was the second time two African-Americans won Oscars in the same year. The first was in 2002 when Denzel Washington won Best Actor for Training Day (2001) and Halle Berry won Best Actress for Monster's Ball (2001).
- He and Holly Hunter have both won Oscars for playing pianists - and for playing the piano themselves in their respective roles. In 1993, the same year that Hunter won Best Actress, she was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for The Firm (1993) in which she appeared opposite Tom Cruise. In 2004, Foxx was also nominated for Best Supporting Actor for Collateral (2004), also opposite Tom Cruise.
- Cousin Michael Bishop starred at quarterback for Kansas State University in the mid-1990s and currently plays for the Arena Football League's Grand Rapids Rampage.
- Only one of a few actors to win the quadruple award crown during motion picture award season. Foxx won a Golden Globe, the SAG Award, the BAFTA Award and topped it off with the Oscar.
- Was named one of the "50 Most Beautiful People" by People Magazine in 2005
- Is a Miami Heat fan
- Invited to join AMPAS in 2005.
- His 10-year-old daughter accompanied him to the Oscars in 2005.
- Second actor to win an Academy Award for "Best Actor" and to have had a #1 billboard single ("Gold digger" by Kanye West feat. Jamie Foxx). The first actor to do so was Bing Crosby.
- To play Ray Charles for the movie "Ray", he dropped over 30lbs in weight, going from 189lbs to 157lbs.
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2006 Razzie Award nominating ballot. He was suggested in the Worst Actor category for his performance in the film Stealth (2005), however, he failed to receive a nomination.
- During 2005, he was nominated 9 times for both Best Actor in Ray, and Best Supporting Actor in Collateral. 8 out of those 9 times, he won Best Actor for Ray, and lost for Best Supporting Actor for Collateral.
- Idolizes R. Kelly and attributes his musical stylings, as well as personal style, to his influence.
- His performance as Ray Charles in "Ray" (2004) is ranked #31 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Performances of All Time (2006).
- In 2006, a region of his Unpredictable Tour ad campaigns were by filmmaker, Shane Stanley.
- Ray (2004), which he played the titled role in, is ranked #99 on the American Film Institute's 100 Most Inspiring Movies of All Time (2006).
- Is one of only five performers to have both a billboard #1 single and an Oscar for best actor/actress. The others are Barbra Streisand, Cher, Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby.
- Is one of only five performers to have both a Billboard #1 single and an Oscar for best actor/actress. The others are Barbra Streisand, Cher, Frank Sinatra (Best Supporting Actor) and Bing Crosby.
Naked Photos of Jamie Foxx are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.