[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Johnny Depp are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Johnny Depp on screen:
Birthday: June 9, 1963
Place: Owensboro, Kentucky, USA
Height: 5' 1"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Johnny Depp. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
Born John Christopher Depp in Owensboro, Kentucky, on June 9, 1963. Raised in Florida, he dropped out of school at age 15 in the hopes of becoming a rock musician. He fronted a series of garage bands including The Kids, which once opened for Iggy Pop. Depp got into acting after a visit to Los Angeles, California, with his former wife, Lori Anne Allison, who introduced him to actor Nicolas Cage. He made his film debut in _Nightmare On Elm Street, A (1984)_ . In 1987, he shot to stardom when he replaced Jeff Yagher in the role of undercover cop Tommy Hanson in the popular TV series "21 Jump Street" (1987).In 1990, after numerous roles in teen-oriented films, his first of a handful of great collaborations with director Tim Burton came about when he portrayed the title role in Edward Scissorhands (1990). Following the film's success, Depp carved a niche for himself as a serious, somewhat dark, idiosyncratic performer, consistently selecting roles that surprised critics and audiences alike. He continued to gain critical acclaim and increasing popularity by appearing in many features before re-joining with Burton in the lead role of Ed Wood (1994). In 1997, he played the undercover FBI agent in the factually-based film Donnie Brasco (1997), opposite Al Pacino; in 1998, he appeared in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998), directed by Terry Gilliam; and then, in 1999, he appeared in the sci-fi/horror film The Astronaut's Wife (1999). The same year, he teamed up again with Burton in Sleepy Hollow (1999), brilliantly portraying Ichabod Crane.Depp has played many characters in his career, including another factually-based character, Inspector Fred Abberline in From Hell (2001). He stole the show from screen greats such as Antonio Banderas in the finale to Robert Rodriguez's Mariachi trilogy, Once Upon a Time in Mexico (2003), in the same year as starring in the marvelous family blockbuster Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003), playing a character that only the likes of Depp could pull off, Captain Jack Sparrow. Now, Depp is collaborating again with Tim Burton in a new screen adaptation of Roald Dahl's novel, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005).Apart from his on-screen life, Depp has dated several female celebrities off-screen, including failed engagements to Jennifer Grey, Winona Ryder, and Kate Moss. He was married to Lori Anne Allison in 1983 but then divorced her in 1985. Currently, Depp is living with French singer-actress Vanessa Paradis, with whom he has two children: Lily-Rose Melody, born in 1999 and Jack, born in 2002.
- Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the "100 Sexiest Stars in Film History" (#1). 
- Daughter, with Vanessa Paradis, Lily-Rose Melody Depp. [27 May 1999]
- Arrested for being in a fight with paparazzis in front of a restaurant in London. [January 1999]
- Ranked #67 in Empire (UK) magazine's The Top-100 Movie Stars of All Time list. [October 1997]
- Chosen by People (USA) Magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World. 
- Voted Empires's (UK) Sexiest Male Movie Star of All Time. 
- Has twice recorded with British band Oasis. Most notably, he plays lead slide guitar on the track "Fade In-Out", from the 1997 album Be Here Now. Noel Gallagher, Oasis's lead guitarist, was allegedly too drunk to perform it himself, so celebrity pal Depp stepped in and nailed the lead on one take.
- Arrested for trashing a New York apartment. 
- Ex-fiancées: Sherilyn Fenn, Kate Moss, Jennifer Grey and Winona Ryder.
- When engaged to Winona Ryder, he had "Winona forever" tattooed on his arm. After the broke up, he had the n and a surgically removed to simply say "Wino forever!"
- Was the guitarist in a band called The Kids.
- Currently plays in a band called P.
- Grew up in Florida.
- Adopted Goldeneye, the one-eyed Andalusian horse who played Gunpowder, Ichabod Crane's steed in Sleepy Hollow (1999), thereby saving him from the glue factory.
- Got his "Betty Sue" tattoo May 31, 1988.
- Named one of E!'s Top 20 Entertainers of 2001.
- Son, Jack, born to him and Vanessa Paradis on April 10, 2002, in Neuilly, France, weighing just over 7 lbs.
- Chosen #2 on E!'s 25 sexiest entertainers list
- With Chuck E. Weiss, Depp paid a reported USD0,000 for the Central Nightclub in Los Angeles, California, and turned it into the Viper Room at 8852 Sunset Blvd.. Other stars in contention to buy the club in 1993 included Arnold Schwarzenegger and, separately, Frank Stallone.
- Lists British comedy "The Fast Show" (1994)--renamed "Brilliant" for US television--as his favorite TV program of all time. He used to take tapes of the series on tour with him to keep him amused. Made a guest appearance in the last-ever sketch in its last-ever episode.
- Was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2001.
- Wrote the foreword to Mark Salisbury's biography of Tim Burton, "Burton on Burton." He credits Burton's belief in him for rescuing him from being "a loser, an outcast, just another piece of expendable Hollywood meat."
- Appears in Tom Petty's 1991 music video "Into the Great Wide Open."
- Johnny's two children with Vanessa Paradis have the same names of the two main characters in Legend (1985): Lily (b. 1999) and Jack (b.2002).
- His long-time girlfriend, Vanessa Paradis, is a popular singer-songwriter in her native France, as well as an aspiring actress.
- Gave Noel Gallagher a white guitar with the letter "P" on it, which he regularly plays during Oasis' gigs. "P" is the name of a band that Depp was in.
- Has a song about him by the late famed schizophrenic Chicago street artist Wesley Willis.
- Parents: John Christopher and Betty Sue Palmer. His parents divorced when he was 15.
- He wanted some of his teeth to be gold-capped for Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003) but knew that the directors would never agree, so he went out and got lots more than he wanted capped, pretending that he wanted all his teeth capped to negotiate with the directors. He then showed the directors, and they decided to make him give up a few, so he got some taken off.
- Resides in France and Los Angeles.
- Siblings: Danny (D.P. Depp), Christi Dembrowski, and Debbie.
- Was People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive in 2003.
- The building in which Depp's Viper Room is housed was once owned by infamous gangster Bugsy Siegel.
- Chosen as E!'s 2003 Entertainer of the Year.
- According to the liner notes for the soundtrack CD of Once Upon a Time in Mexico (2003), he wrote his own theme music, the music for Sands (Track 9 on the CD).
- Shot all of his scenes in 9 days for Once Upon a Time in Mexico (2003), but after his filming was done he didn't want to leave. So he suggested to Robert Rodriguez that he play a small part, the priest that Antonio Banderas talks to in the church, and use his Marlon Brando impression.
- Reportedly based his portrayal of Ichabod Crane in _Sleepy Hollow (1999)_ on Withnail, from _Withnail and I (1987)_ , as played by Richard E. Grant.
- Has been in six films in which the title contains the name of the character he plays: Edward Scissorhands (1990), Cry-Baby (1990), What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993), Ed Wood (1994), Don Juan DeMarco (1995), and Donnie Brasco (1997).
- Persuaded actor Rey-Phillip Santos to give acting a try.
- Received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on 19 November 1999. Tim Burton and Martin Landau were guest speakers.
- His niece Megan works for popular online entertainment magazine TYCP.
- Was ranked #5 on VH1's 100 Hottest Hotties.
- Based the character of Captain Jack Sparrow on rock legend Keith Richards.
- Shares a birthday with Michael J. Fox and Natalie Portman.
- Purchased Bela Lugosi's Los Angeles home.
- Sports his son's name, Jack, tattooed on his arm and a beaded bracelet made by his daughter Lily Rose.
- Is a huge fan of Jack the Ripper.
- He has said in a number of interviews that he is of Cherokee, Irish, and German descent.
- Ranked #4 in TV Guide's list of TV's 25 Greatest Teen Idols (23 January 2005 issue).
- Has something in common with actor Robert Englund, famed for portraying dream-stalking Freddy Krueger in the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movies. Both of them appeared in the first _Nightmare On Elm Street, A (1984)_ , and both had played characters with blades for hands: Englund as Freddy Krueger, and Depp as the title character in Edward Scissorhands (1990). And, strangely, both of them were born in June, with their birthdays three days apart, and they both share the same height, which is 5'10".
- A movie buff (with a somewhat encyclopedic knowledge of older films), he admits he watches few movies any more, other than the children's films that his "kiddies" prefer. He also enjoys most of them.
- Loves watching animated films with his daughter such as Shrek (2001) and Finding Nemo (2003).
- Co-owns a restaurant/club in Paris called Man Ray (named after avant-garde artist Man Ray) with Sean Penn and John Malkovich. The restaurant is located in a renovated theater and serves Tibetan cuisine.
- Premiere Magazine ranked him as #47 on a list of the Greatest Movie Stars of All Time in their Stars in Our Constellation feature (2005).
- When he was cast as Willy Wonka, many newspapers published headings about "Depp's Willy" and "Deppy's Willy is a Bit Wonkier."
- Apparently conceived his portrayal of Edward D. Wood Jr. as a cross between Ronald Reagan (the wobbly-headed thing), the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz (1939), and the voice of Casey Kasem.
- Dropped out of high school at 16
- As a teen, he and his band "The Kids" performed for Iggy Pop.
- As a child, he was allergic to chocolate.
- In 2004, Renée Zellweger accepted the Screen Actors Guild Award for "Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role" on his behalf, because he wasn't present at the awards ceremony
- Learned French to be able to converse with Vanessa Paradis' parents.
- He also played slide for an acoustic recording of Fade Away, recorded in 1995 for the War Child: Help album.
- Had come into professional contact with the great screen villains Vincent Price and Christopher Lee. Price co-starred with Depp in Edward Scissorhands (1990), and Lee co-starred with him in Sleepy Hollow (1999), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) and Corpse Bride (2005). Oddsly, all of them were Tim Burton films.
- Great admirer of Marlon Brando.
- Although unable to attend, he was awarded the Gary Cooper Spirit of Montana Award at the 2005 HatcH audiovisual festival in Bozeman, Montana. HatcH honored Depp for his outstanding career and his role as a mentor and inspiration to young and aspiring artists.
- Has portrayed a real-life character in seven films: Edward D. Wood Jr. (Ed Wood (1994)), Lt. Victor/Pon Pon (Before Night Falls (2000)), Hunter S. Thompson (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998), Insp. Fred Abberline (From Hell (2001)), Joseph Pistone/Donnie Brasco (Donnie Brasco (1997)), George Jung (Blow (2001)) and J.M. Barrie (Finding Neverland (2004)).
- Sherilyn Fenn's name is scrawled across his helmet in Platoon (1986).
- His parents divorced when he was 15.
- Has mostly Irish, German, and Cherokee ancestry, with some Navajo as well. "Depp," however, is a French surname.
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2006 Razzie Award nominating ballot. He was suggested in the Worst Actor category for his performance in the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005), however, he failed to receive a nomination.
- His ownership of the Viper room ended in 2004, he signed it over to Amanda Fox, the daughter of his missing partner in the club, Anthony Fox.
- Was voted the Second Greatest Actor (behind Marlon Brando) in British Channel Channel 4's Greatest Actor Poll.
- His performance as Edward Scissorhands in Edward Scissorhands (1990) is ranked #22 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Performances of All Time (2006).
- His performance as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003) is ranked #79 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Performances of All Time (2006).
- Friend of Christina Ricci.
- Reportedly based his portrayal of Ichabod Crane in Sleepy Hollow (1999) on Withnail, from Withnail & I (1987), as played by Richard E. Grant.
- Ranked #1 in the "Best Hollywood Signers 2006" list by "Autograph Collector" magazine (May 2006).
- Was close with his grandfather who died when he was 7 years old.
- His performance as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003) is ranked #87 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time.
- His performance as Edward Scissorhands in Edward Scissorhands (1990) is ranked #65 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time.
- Ranked #18 on Premiere's 2006 "Power 50" list. Had ranked #23 in 2005.
- A rule he has towards fans requesting his autograph and picture is that no photography is allowed of his children.
- Is the only actor to be nominated for the Oscar in the Lead Actor category in a Disney film (Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003))
- Moved to a villa in France with Girlfriend Vanessa Paradis and his daughter Lily Rose Melody Depp in 1999.
- Frequently cites Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)) and Edward Scissorhands (1990) as the favorite characters that he has played.
- Oliver Stone seriously considered casting him in Charlie Sheen's role in Platoon (1986), but the studio thought Depp was "too young." Sheen is actually two years younger than Depp!
- Was Andy Wachowski and Larry Wachowski's very first choice for the role of Neo in _The Matrix (1999)_ . Since Depp wasn't considered a box-office friendly name, Warner Bros. decided on casting Keanu Reeves instead.
- Has been described as the "jester of cinema, the Method clown." His incredibly bizarre on-screen persona brings to mind the off-screen behavior of the late Marlon Brando, who was famously eccentric and quirky once he retired from acting.
- Has a niece called Megan
- Once painted on a billboard featuring his "21 Jump Street" character because he didn't like his picture or the message the billboard gave. He was stopped by a security guard who actually let him finish what he was doing when he realized it was Johnny's own face.
Naked Photos of Johnny Depp are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.