[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Steven Soderbergh are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Steven Soderbergh on screen:
Birthday: January 14, 1963
Place: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Height: 0' 0"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Steven Soderbergh. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| At the age of 26, Steven Soderbergh permanently altered the face of independent cinema when he became the youngest-ever winner of the Palme d'Or at the 1989 Cannes Film Festival for sex, lies and videotape, his feature-film directorial debut. A simmering exploration of the nature of modern relationships and the links between sexuality and voyeurism, the film was an international sensation that established its director as one of the golden boys of world cinema.Born in Georgia on January 14, 1963, Soderbergh grew up in Baton Rouge, LA, where his father was the Dean of Louisiana State University's College of Education. While still in high school, Soderbergh enrolled in the university's film animation class and began making short 16 mm films with second-hand equipment. After he graduated from high school, he went to Hollywood, where he worked as a freelance editor. Soderbergh's time in Hollywood was brief, and he soon returned home, where he continued making short films and writing scripts. One of his films, a documentary about the rock group Yes, earned him an assignment to direct a full-length concert film for the band. The finished product, 9012 Live, was nominated for a 1986 Grammy.Following this achievement, Soderbergh filmed the short subject Winston, a study of sexual gamesmanship that he would expand into sex, lies and videotape. In the wake of the 1989 film's great success, Soderbergh made Kafka, a darkly comic fictional account of the author's life. The film turned out to be something of a disappointment, as did King of the Hill, Soderbergh's 1993 portrait of a young boy's coming-of-age during the Depression. The Underneath, his 1995 film, was a post-noir crime drama that offered further existential meditation and an exploration of the destructive effects of sexuality: unfortunately, like Soderbergh's previous two efforts, it remained mired in relative obscurity. The same could be said of Schizopolis and Gray's Anatomy (both 1996), the former a loopy, inventive look at the intricacies of communication that Soderbergh termed an "artistic wake-up call" to himself, the latter a filmed performance of one of Spalding Gray's monologues.In 1998, Soderbergh made good on his "wake-up call" with Out of Sight, his most critically and commercially successful film since sex, lies and videotape. Adapted from the novel by Elmore Leonard, it was an irreverent, enjoyable affair that remained true to the book's spirit and featured believable chemistry between leads George Clooney and Jennifer Lopez. The following year, Soderbergh continued on his critical winning streak with The Limey, the generally well-received tale of an ex-con (Terence Stamp) bent on revenge for his daughter's mysterious death. He earned even greater plaudits in 2000 as the director of Erin Brockovich; starring Julia Roberts as its eponymous secretary-heroine who uncovers a major environmental scandal, the film was enthusiastically embraced by audiences and critics alike.Later that same year, Soderbergh raised the bar on issue-oriented drama with Traffic, a multi-layered, multi-character look at the United States' "War on Drugs." The long-gestating project started life as a British miniseries in the early '90s; when Soderbergh realized director Ed Zwick was working on his own expos
- Father, Peter Soderbergh, was a professor and dean of the College of Education at Louisiana State University.
- Took some classes at Louisiana State University.
- Frequently casts Don Cheadle and Luis Guzmán.
- Is of Swedish descent.
- In 2001, became the first director for years to have twin Best Director Oscar nominations for Erin Brockovich (2000) and Traffic (2000).
- Became the youngest winner ever of the Palme d'Or at the 1989 Cannes Film Festival for Sex, Lies, and Videotape (1989), his feature film directorial debut.
- Has a daughter named Sarah, who was born in the winter of 1990.
- Elected lst Vice President, Directors Guild of America, March 2002.
- Ranked #39 in Premiere's 2003 annual Power 100 List. Had ranked #35 in 2002.
- Together with friend George Clooney, who appeared in his movies Out of Sight (1998), Ocean's Eleven (2001), Solaris (2002) and Ocean's Twelve (2004), owns the production company "Section Eight Productions", which produced Christopher Nolan's _Insomnia (2002)_ , among other films.
- Often acts as his own director of photography using the name "Peter Andrews," which is the first and middle name of his father.
- Frequently casts Julia Roberts.
- Member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 2003
- Was offered the chance to direct Quiz Show (1994), with Tim Robbins in the role of Charles Van Doren.
- Has directed three actors to Oscar nominations: Julia Roberts, Albert Finney, and Benicio del Toro. Roberts and del Toro won the Best Actress and Best Supp. Actor Oscars, respectively, for Erin Brockovich (2000) and Traffic (2000).
Naked Photos of Steven Soderbergh are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.